Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Can You Be Over-Inspired?

I have a feeling I might be. I had an idea that I thought would result in a new pattern. But after looking at how complicated that would be with all I want to do, I split that into 3 design ideas... which then became four...

Long story short: I'm in the midst of 7 new patterns!! One is all ready to be knit and photographed. The others are at various stages.

This is the first time I've had such a cohesive idea and I've decided that besides being available individually, they will also be available as my first e-book, all through my shop on Ravelry; Knit, Dance, Repeat Designs.

I'm kind of hyped up about this, to be honest. It's one of those things that just came together and blasted all the cobwebs out of my head.

I can tell you that the first pattern is for a cabled cowl, knit in worsted weight wool. That's all I'm saying for now.

In other knitting news, the Ravellenic Games are off and running, and I'm hard at work on my "Inamorata" (Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark; Knitty.com) for Team Mine (team of the Selfish Knitters and Crocheters group). I lost 5 days waiting to be able to buy a 4.0mm/US6 circular needle; I swore I had one before the Games started! But, of course, when I come to the point when the knitting moves from the 3.75 to the 4.0, I can't find one! I digress. A new 4.0mm is happily knitting away with some of the lovely Diamond Luxury Collection Fine Merino Superwash DK that's been in my stash since... well it was already deep stash when I moved here almost 4 1/2 years ago, lol. It's color 8974, a greener shade of aqua. Here's my progress pic from Aug 12. Sorry; it's the only one I have so far.

And that, my friends, is where I'm at in everything yarn and knitting :)

TTFN


No comments: