Sunday, June 12, 2016

General Chitchat; Spring Cleaning

I composed a tweet the other day that I couldn't send due to my phone still not being fixed yet. It read "Peace= a mug of Read My Lips tea from @DAVIDSTEA + a beautiful shawl pattern by @RomiDesigns being knit in pretty yarn from @KnitPicks + 3 sleeping cats + sunshine" It really summed up my quiet morning: tea, knitting, cats and sunshine.

This afternoon, I'm knitting on my "Ardrum" in the lovely merino/silk blend I chose ages ago and enjoying a nice mug of tea (Toasted Walnut this time; I had some Apple Custard earlier). The cats are doing their cat things.

I finished the "Alcyone" I was working on, plus a little bag I started back in 2012. I'm not sure why I set it aside when all I had left on it was the handles. Oh well, it's done now; a charming little bag called "Leafy Knot Clutch" (Veronik Avery; book "24/7 Knitting"). I'm down to 2 WIPs: my "Ardrum" and the bag I'm designing. Which is odd for me, but I've really finished up a lot of things so far this year. 14 FOs since January; I'm pretty sure that's a record for me! There might be 1 or 2 more that I can move from "hibernating" status to active WIPs but I'm really getting things caught up. I guess spending my days sitting on my butt can be useful ;)

Friday (June 10) was the one year mark since "The Big Fall". In that time, I've progressed from excruciating pain and fear of what might be wrong with me to quiet acceptance that pain reminds me not to overdo things and my balance is bad and I need to use a cane especially out of the house. I'm still trying to get into physio but the new idiot system is more frustrating than the waiting was! But it is what it is and I can't change it. I'm trying to walk 5 days a week, even if it's just to the Post Office and back (roughly 1 kilometer, round trip). I take my pills, do what I can around the house. And I knit. And compose blogposts on paper that I can type up when I go to the library next ;)

I've been doing that a lot lately; blogging on paper. Some may find their way here, others won't. I have a feeling I'll hang onto them either way. They're good for a laugh if nothing else!

I plan on revamping my page of "Patterns Mentioned in this Blog" soon. Direct links for the web-based ones, like those published on Knitty.com, for sure. The Ravelry downloads, I think I'll just leave as they are. Same with those from books and magazines. I need to clean up the blogs and other links too. Freshen things up now that Spring appears to be approaching my lovely Rock in the sea.

So, be on the lookout for some minor tweaks to this blog and let me know if there's anything you'd like to see here. As always, you can check out more details of my knitting projects on Ravelry; find me there as knit-dance-repeat ;)

TTFN

No comments: