Monday, July 22, 2013

Meet Daphne :)

I don't think anyone will be overly surprised that I haven't so much as looked at the Tempting sweater since my last post. All that ribbing is driving me looney tunes :P And I was up to Walmart on Thursday (waiting out some rain after a drs appointment) and lo and behold they had Red Heart Shimmer on clearance... so I bought 2 balls of black and 2 of purple after consulting my handy app and I have started the Daphne tank (knitty.com/ I really need to write down designers' names before I start writing a post). It's going nicely too :) This is a great pattern let me say. It's not difficult but it's a "pay attention to me" pattern. There's some short-row shaping, a basic stripe pattern plus the smocking pattern that gives the top its shape :) It's really a stunning piece :) Want to see pics? Of course you do! (currently listed on Ravelry as wedding top)
The photo shows a close up of the waist smocking.
Have to say, I'm really liking this yarn. It's very soft and easy to work with. But it's listed on the band and on Rav as a worsted weight/ medium and seriously I'm using a 3.25mm needle and it's not tight at all. I'd say it's more of a dk myself but that's my only quibble. Love the sparkle in it.  Thinking it'll be nice with a black skirt and heels for Roomie's cousin's wedding (that somehow I'm attending) in early Sept.
That's all the news here in my corner of the knitterverse!
TTFN

No comments: