Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ravelympics Sign-ups!!! New Music!!! And Knitting!!! Oh My!!

It's 2012 and that means it's an Olympic year. Even more importantly though, that makes it a Ravelympic Year :) After all the fun I had bringing home seven medals for Team Bob in 2010, I've thrown my hat (as it were) in and have signed up to represent not only Team Bob but Team Newfoundland and Labrador as well :) It's going to be a great Ravelympics!! Now I have to start going through my queue and hope the events list is posted soon; I want to get tagging!!!

In music news, Roomie bought Dean Brody's new cd, Dirt, yesterday. It's really wonderful. Seriously fabulous. Top picks for me are "Canadian Girls", "It's Friday" (which features this little East-coast band you've probably never heard of; they're called Great Big Sea ;) ) and the title track "Dirt". Really excellent. Check it out if you have a chance.

In knitting news, I started the baby sweater for Roomie's nephew last night; I have the yoke and sleeves done already! I forgot what a quick fix knitting baby things is. I'm using a new yarn from Bernat called "Giggles" and I really like it. It's a soft yarn in baby colors but it's a worsted weight so you don't have to use it doubled. I'm using my 'go to pattern' from the November 1997 issue of McCall's Needlework and Crafts. It's a top down baby sweater, bonnet and booties set. Really cute.

That's all that's going on here in Clarenville.

TTFN!

No comments: