Monday, July 4, 2011

30 Days of Great Big Sea: a fun challenge

My good friends over at http://greatbigseaoffans.blogspot.com came up with something fun for the month of July to honor our favorite band. I've decided to keep track here as well as on Facebook. We started on July 1, so here's where we're at:

Day1: first song you ever heard- "Great Big Sea"! lol The first song on the first album. A very dear friend had it on cassette in the fall of '93! lol

Day2: your favorite song- Tough one!!!! I'll say "Goin' Up" :) It always makes me sing along and smile :)

Day3: least favorite song- Another tough one!! Hmmm.... I confess: I usually skip "Trois Navires de Ble" because I don't have a clue what's going on in it! I guess that makes it my least favorite. Which is a shame because it's such a pretty tune

Day4: favorite song from "Something Beautiful*" - Such a great album, makes it hard to pick!! But the songs I listen to the most are "Let It Go" & "Sally Anne". I can't narrow it further than that!

It's quite fun :) And it's a challenge to think of all the different albums & the songs you like from each one. Thanks, ladies :) greatbigseaoffans is moderated by Karina, Krista & Sara and they're wonderful :) Check out the blog as they always seem to have something going on over there; I have them listed in my sidebar as well :)
That's it for today!
TTFN

No comments: