Tuesday, January 8, 2008

And now for the coming attractions...

Since I've let you know what I've currently got going, here's the list of the upcoming hits:
1 Vitoria's baby gift-
My Portugeuse penpal is expecting her 3rd bundle of joy in April. (She has 2 daughters aged 6 and 3.) I'm going with my favorite pattern: EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket with matching Heart Hat. Need to find some nice gender neutral vari for it.
2 Bernie's Beret-
Ok that was just fun to type. Seriously though, the Sunflower Tam from Norah Gaughan's wonderful book "Knitting Nature". Need to go to Golden Willow and get 2 skeins of Lopi in a nice, bright pink. Picture perfect. Birthday's in May.
3 Monique's Capelet-
The Holiday 2007 issue of knitsimple has some fab patterns, and I really like their hooded capelet with cabled detailing, project 2. Of course I'm tweaking it. I'm leaving off the hood, changing the color from winter white to a milk-chocolate (Plymouth Galway; great wool), and the buckle is being converted to large snap(s), covered by neat button(s).
Ok, now, I'm off to Golden Willow to purchase the Lopi and see what they've go tin a soft, worsted vari...

No comments: