Saturday, April 5, 2008

Finished Projects Alert!

Yeah, 2 finished pieces to report: Vitoria's baby's sweater and Mackenzie's capelet. Both turned out fabulous. Mackenzie's capelet was a bit of an experiment and I'm really pleased with the result. What I did was take a lace panel and edging patterns (the lace is from the front of a child's dress in an issue of Simply Knitting; the edge is from a baby sweater in a Debbie Bliss book) and knit 6 repeats of the 48 row pattern. (The edge had 8 rows, so worked pefectly.) Then I turned the panel on it's side and picked up sts along the long straight side. From there I worked up in St. st using raglan decs to shape the upper section. I used Bernat Satin in "sage" and it took about 1 1/2 balls. Lovely.
Have started Bernie's tam and is going quick. Am 4 rnds short of the top of the piece! And I only started on Thursday!
Have changed the plan for Monique after the success of Mackenzie's. I've switched to Bernat Satin in "sapphire" and will do the same, but use a cabled panel instead of lace. I think it's going to look cool.
Anyway, TTFN; must post the new pics of the projects and have 2 new ones of Jethro too.

No comments: